At Homes by Gerbus, a Cincinnati custom home builder, and Gerbus Remodeling, a Cincinnati home remodeler, we appreciate inspired living. Maybe we’re just builder nerds, but we truly love reading up on stylish design trends for our recreational reading! However, when it comes to designing a kitchen for your custom home or planning a major remodeling project, you want to stick with financial investments that will stand the test of time for not only style but functionality. With over 6 decades of home building experience, we’ve pulled together some timeless designer kitchen tips seen at the NAHB International Builders Show, the Kitchen and Bath Show and in design articles on bhg.com and houzz.com. Making the top of our list are:
• Two tone cabinets like the white and gray Homes by Gerbus kitchen above.
• Kitchen finishes come and go, but polished silver (chrome) never goes out of style.
• A classic white kitchen with white subway tile and quartz countertops will always be clean and fresh and can be easily accessorized with a pop of color.
• Gray continues to perform as an alternative to white.
• Tear down those walls and go for an open-layout kitchen.
• Invest in upgraded appliances.
• Touchless faucets – need we say more?
• Large, single level islands take up less visual room and provide more usable space especially for those who like working from home.
• Treat the ceiling as a fifth wall with beams, moldings, and more.
• Opt for dish drawers.
• Dump the fake plants on top of your upper cabinets.
• Wood (like) Floors. Hardwood floors are warm and cozy and that won’t change. But don’t count out wood-like tile, luxury vinyl, and laminate wood floor options that will provide you with the same coziness but less maintenance.
Feeling inspired to learn more about a custom home in Cincinnati or northern Kentucky? Contact email@example.com for a personal tour!
About Homes by Gerbus: For over six decades our locally owned building company, founded by Walter Gerbus Sr., has been crafting exquisite custom homes in the greater Cincinnati area and Northern Kentucky. Offered in the finest custom home communities or on your homesite, our homes are built on solid family values and a strong work ethic that has guided our company (and family) for three generations. From handshakes at the time to contract, to hugs at the time of closing, we pride ourselves on building homes of uncompromising value, quality, and style. We take great comfort in the accolades that we receive from our satisfied clients who praise our team for listening to their concerns, addressing their questions, and providing a pleasurable and stress free home building experience. The Homes by Gerbus, Inc. family of companies also includes Gerbus Remodeling, Inc. and Gerbus Properties, Inc.
Homes by Gerbus – Inspired Living by Design!