There’s no doubt that anyone living in the greater Cincinnati area has felt the heat this summer! And while we’re not officially pool builders, it’s been our pleasure to assist a number of our Cincinnati custom home families in the coordination and management of the swimming pool additions to their custom homes! From Vintage Oaks in Mason to families who built on their land with Homes by Gerbus, our families are anxious to take a refreshing dip in their backyard oasis.
With Nate Gerbus, Project Manager, managing most of these summer projects, here are Nate’s tips for a successful pool addition to your custom home:
• Know your yard conditions for building a pool.
• Know the zoning and building restrictions for a pool in your neighborhood.
• Choose a locally owned pool contractor with years of experience and great reviews.
• Get a budget and timeline up front but be prepared for changes!
• Check your neighborhood covenants regarding size, fencing, privacy, and safety.
• Contact your insurance agent to discuss ramifications to your homeowner’s policy.
• Plan accordingly for the added cost of heating and maintenance.
• Have a good supply of non-breakable glasses and poolside cocktail supplies for entertaining family and friends!
Following up on Nate’s final recommendation for adding a pool to your custom home, we’ve done some research on this year’s top summer cocktails that are sure to satisfy your friends and family as they enjoy the remainder of the summer from the comfort of your pool deck and lounge chairs! Be sure to let us know which is your favorite!
Feeling inspired to learn more about a custom home in Cincinnati or northern Kentucky? Contact email@example.com for a personal tour!
About Homes by Gerbus: For over six decades our locally owned building company, founded by Walter Gerbus Sr., has been crafting exquisite custom homes in the greater Cincinnati area and Northern Kentucky. Offered in the finest custom home communities or on your homesite, our homes are built on solid family values and a strong work ethic that has guided our company (and family) for three generations. From handshakes at the time to contract, to hugs at the time of closing, we pride ourselves on building homes of uncompromising value, quality, and style. We take great comfort in the accolades that we receive from our satisfied clients who praise our team for listening to their concerns, addressing their questions, and providing a pleasurable and stress free home building experience. The Homes by Gerbus, Inc. family of companies also includes Gerbus Remodeling, Inc. and Gerbus Properties, Inc.
Homes by Gerbus – Inspired Living by Design!