There are two questions we hear all the time – “Is it a good time to build a custom home?” and “Should I build now or wait for prices to come down?” From our perspective, here are ten reasons you should build your custom home now!
1. The stock market is on fire. Take some of your profits and invest them in your new custom home which will just increase in value in the years to come.
2. Mortgage rates continue to stay at historic lows but the feds can’t possibly keep them this low forever. According to industry experts, they expect rates to stay low through the balance of the year with increases coming in 2022. Keep in mind that the lower the rates, the better your buying power.
3. Home prices and home sales are up. According to the National Association of Realtors, home listings are down and home sales are up 20% from 2020. This means higher sales prices for those with a home to sell.
4. Construction costs are on the rise. It’s no secret that the cost of lumber and other building materials is up. As a 3rd generation home builder, we don’t anticipate these prices to come down in the near future, so our best advice is don’t wait. It’s nearly impossible to time the market to get the most money from the sale of your existing home and get unrealistically low prices on your new custom home.
5. Land is in short supply. Whether you’re looking in an existing neighborhood or looking for acreage, land in the greater Cincinnati area is a precious commodity. Our best recommendation to you on the land is act quickly, consider a soils and septic test prior to purchase, and to take advantage of our offer to do a complimentary walk of the potential property.
6. Home ownership is a tax shelter. From mortgage interest to property taxes, home ownership is one of the few remaining tax benefits we have.
7. A custom home means custom features, open concept designs, and less time spent in Home Depot for home repair projects.
8. Today’s homes are more comfortable, more energy efficient, more livable, and less expensive to maintain than the resale home around the corner.
9. According to industry experts at Zillow, home appreciation for Cincinnati is up nearly 12% from the same period last year.
10. You can’t find what you want so start fresh and buy new!
About Homes by Gerbus: For over six decades our locally owned building company, founded by Walter Gerbus Sr., has been crafting exquisite custom homes in the greater Cincinnati area and Northern Kentucky. Offered in the finest custom home communities or on your homesite, our homes are built on solid family values and a strong work ethic that has guided our company (and family) for three generations. From handshakes at the time to contract, to hugs at the time of closing, we pride ourselves on building homes of uncompromising value, quality, and style. We take great comfort in the accolades that we receive from our satisfied clients who praise our team for listening to their concerns, addressing their questions, and providing a pleasurable and stress free home building experience. The Homes by Gerbus, Inc. family of companies also includes Gerbus Remodeling, Inc. and Gerbus Properties, Inc.
Feeling inspired to take the next step? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.